Respecting Your Privacy
USE OF SITE
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. We collect personal information about you (i.e. information which may identify you in some way, such as your name and email address) through this Site only when you voluntarily submit it. This may occur when you perform certain functions on the Site including "Join the Flock" (register to become a member), Send an Enquiry to one of our listed properties, or another feature on the Site. Providing this personal information about you is up to you. If you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it to us.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is confidential. Our purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with a better Site experience, with content that is more relevant to your interests. However, we may use your personal information as follows:
- To respond to your questions or requests, to give you access to certain features of the Site, and to communicate with you about your activities on this Site.
- To share it with Related Parties as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with this Site (such as administration of the Site, marketing, data analysis or customer service). To do so it may be necessary to transmit your personal information and you agree to this transfer. However, these Related Parties are not permitted to disclose your personal information, or use it in any way for their own purposes.
- To provide you with offers or news. However, at the point of collection, we will give you the option to "Opt-in". If you "Opt-in" you indicate to us that you do not mind us sending you our communications. If you decide at any time that you don't not wish to receive further communications from us, you'll have the opportunity to unsubscribe by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, at which time LoveBirds will cease to send you offers and news.
- For other purposes set out when your information is collected, or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to the particular features of the Site.
- For disclosures required by law, ergulation or court order.
- For the purpose of, or in connection with legal proceedings, or necessary for establishing, defending or exercising legal rights.
- In an emergency to protect the health and safety of Site users or the general public, or interests of national security.
In all other circumstances, we will not provide your personal information to any third parties without your specific consent.
CHECKING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to verify, correct, access or update any of your personal information collected through the Site, simply email us with your request at email@example.com
COLLECTION OF ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to help protect information you send to this Site. We require our employees and Related Parties to respect the confidentiality of all personal information held by us. However, we cannot guarantee the security of such information. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any Damages you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alteration of any information you submit to this Site
This Site may contain links to other websites that we do not own or operate. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies. Downloading material from certain sites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your system. You should note when you leave this Site and read the privacy policies and terms of these other sites. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it our Site (including those linked to through an email).
We control and operate the Site from Brisbane, Queensland (regardless of where hosting servers are located). All matters relating to the Site are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland in Australia, without reference to conflict or choice of law principles. You agree that any legal proceeding relating to the Site shall be in appropriate courts located in the State of Queensland in Australia. We do not warrant or imply that the Site or materials on it are appropriate for use outside of Australia. If you are located outside of Australia, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Transfer of assets
As used herein:
- "Damages" means any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential or punitive loss or other damages of any kind (whether in contract, including fundamental breach, tort, including negligence, or otherwise).
- "including" means "including, but not limited to".
- "Related Parties" means all of our parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, Site Developers and other promotional partners.
- "Site Developer" means any party involved in creating, producing, delivering or maintaining the Site.
- "use of this Site" (and "using" and other like terms) means "any and all use of the Site of any kind whatsoever, including access to, browsing of, reviewing, posting of, transmitting, reviewing, downloading, and other using the Site or any material on the Site".